12/1/10

Xaden's first loose tooth!



On November 11th I was out to lunch with my parents and daughter. Both boys were in school, it was a Thursday, after eating lunch I was going to go do some grocery shopping since it is easier to do without all three kids in tow. To my surprise Xander called me from school and being the little conversationalist he is, asked me what I was doing. I felt bad I was at Wendy's without him and couldn't come up with a better excuse so I told him I was at Wendy's. He quickly told me "no fare!"!! I asked him why he was calling me from school and if he was sick? He told me no he wasn't sick. I then asked him "then why did you call?". He told me that Xaden's mouth was bleeding because he (Xander) accidentally elbowed Xaden in the mouth. I asked if the nurse looked at it and he said no and that he couldn't find her. Then Xander told me that Xaden's tooth was loose and that he had another tooth behind it. A lot of the conversation was making no sense to me at the time so Xander asked me when I was going to be at the school to come and get them. My response was "what do you mean?". Xander told me "Mom school is out. When are you going to come pick us up?" My response "WHAT?" and I'm sure the entire restaurant heard! So I told him I would be right over to get them and that I didn't know it was a short day! Xander quickly gave me his and Xaden's order from Wendy's...sneaky kid!
While we were shopping the boys got kids meals from McDonald's and ate it through the store. Xaden took his first bite and began to cry. Sure enough his tooth was bleeding again and I could not get over that I never noticed his tooth coming in behind his baby tooth. That night after 5 hours of shopping at 2 stores, this is why it is easier to shop without all three munchkins, I told Xaden to go get some tweezers. With the tweezers, to my surprise, the tooth came straight up and out like a knife in butter. His baby tooth had a good sized 'root' on it! Now the tooth right next door is loose and the adult tooth is coming up behind it. Luckily they all have a dentist appointment tomorrow so the dentist can be just as amazed as I was!
So far the tooth fairy hasn't come, Xaden lost his 'lost' tooth. And he hasn't written the tooth fairy yet!
(In the meantime Xander has lost another tooth and at this rate he is going to have a mouthful of gums before any of his teeth decide to grow in!)

No comments:

Post a Comment