9/13/09

Busy, stress and life lately!


Well since school started we have been busy! Xander is doing great in 1st grade and loves his new teacher and classmates! Besides my Xander there are 4 other Alexander's and an Alexa in his class, the teacher had to nickname each of the Alexanders to get them all straight! This is why we named him just "Xander"! He complains of school being too long and the only thing he tells me when I ask how his day was is that he had fun at recess. All 3 of them! Xaden starts preschool tomorrow and I have mixed feelings! I know it will help him but I don't want him to grow up! Xandy is talking more and more, she repeats her own prayers and is very smart and becoming a good little helper! I had the boys run some groceries down to the freezer and she grabbed a bag before Xander could, she also loves to help carry the groceries into the house and will carry heavier bags than her brothers! She is so much fun right now I love and cherish every second I spend with her!

On August 28 my Mom went in to have the remaining part of her thyroid removed because they found cancer in the first part in a biopsy. Her thyroid had grown down underneath her collarbone and into the lymph nodes in her neck. The doctor was surprised at the size. She went in for surgery Friday morning around 9 and was out of recovery around 1, the surgery took about an hour and 30 minutes. They got her to her own room and besides my mom's pain level being much higher than last they thought she was okay. But when they got her up to use the restroom her incision split open and was leaking blood. They found out that she had a hematoma and that her incision splitting was a blessing despite what she had to go through it could have been much worse than it already was. Around 1:30 she was wheeled back into surgery to find and stop the internal bleeding. This surgery was much longer! I arrived to her room around 2 and thinking she was still there I arrived to an empty room and my Mom's nurse came up to me as I was standing in the doorway wondering what the hey was going on, I had just talked to my Dad an hour previous to find out her room number, her nurse told me what had happened and where she and my Dad and Brother were. I met up with my Dad and Brother and we decided to go down to the operation waiting rooms to be closer to the Dr. when he was finished with surgery. This second surgery did not end until close to 5 PM. We heard a code blue in operation room 14 and it took them an hour to let us know my Mom was in O.R. 17! So the Dr. comes out to tell us the surgery was successful but she had a lot of swelling in her throat area and they decided they had to put a breathing tube in to keep her airways open. She was wheeled into R.I.C.U. (Respiratory ICU) around 6PM Friday. They kept her sedated with propofol (my shock to see that after hearing about Michael was probably expected by the hospital) and tried Saturday morning to removed the tube but was unable due to the swelling. They kept her sedated until another try Sunday morning and again the swelling and the state my mom was in they were unable. So again, they kept her sedated and started administering steroids to help reduce the swelling and decided it would be best to take her back in for surgery, fully sedate her and use the scope to watch as they remove the tubes. This surgery finally happened Monday around 4 PM. After recovery, she was returned to the RICU for weaning of the steroids and propofol and to keep a close eye on the swelling. She came too around 2 AM Tuesday morning my Brother stayed with her that night and was able to tell her what had happened. He asked her what day she thought it was and her answer was Saturday or Sunday! On Tuesday she was doing good, up and moving slowly and on oxygen. Her Dr. came in and told us that they did find more cancer in the mass that was removed but it was much less and that she may not have to do the Radiation Therapy because he was sure the cancer was removed!! Later that night they were able to "move her" to a normal room, but all the rooms were full so instead they charged her "regular" (not sure if any hospital room is 'regular') room rates in the RICU unit at the new IHC Hospital. She was doing good and Wednesday at 9 AM they released her from the hospital. She is still recouping and is very low on energy and on the Friday after she had come home was having trouble with her energy that her doctor told her to get her butt in bed or go back to the hospital, my Mom has always been the one who has a hard time relaxing and sitting still! So she has done that (for the most part) for the last week and goes in tomorrow to see her thyroid Dr. and to find out if she can skip the radiation and return to work. While we were almost living at the hospital, my kids and I, I was making sure my Dad was getting his meds and taking his shots and eating on time, then and now, making sure the house was/is clean and in order and my kids still had a Mom. I was praying (or telling) that they couldn't have her in heaven not now and not for a LONG time! My children missed their Grandma and Xaden thru many tantrums, one of them in the middle of the parking lot on the ground kicking and screaming, because 'I' (RICU) wouldn't let him go see her, so after the many times of him telling he wasn't getting out of the car until I let him see his Grandma, on Tuesday night they wheeled her out to them and as soon as they saw her coming through the windows they were all cheering for Grandma, the doors couldn't have opened fast enough! My Aunt who is THE BIGGEST SUSAN BOYLE FAN asked the SUSAN BOYLE FAN SITE (Love you Aunt Liz!) to pray for my mom and many people from around the world said they would pray! And for my long time neighbors and friends for taking and watching my kids so I could be with my Mom. THANK YOU! After being in the hospital, eating Great hospital food (And I mean that) and hearing all the call warnings throughout the entire hospital of who is coming and how serious their position I am thankful to have my Mom here with me!

All in the meantime I am trying to get my divorce papers signed and the classes taken to finalize a divorce with 3 year separation. It will be 10 years for us on October 2ND. To be able to move on with my life for myself and my kids will be a whole new adventure!

So I will post pic's of my Xaden-Bob's first day of preschool tomorrow, he is very excited and I hope he has a blast! And I am debating on starting a weightloss blog that will probably be private at first but maybe it will motivate me to lose, I have the gym pass and for the most part the knowledge of eating healthy (previous successfull/unsuccessfull memberships with Quick weight loss Cntrs. now L.A. weight loss and Weight watchers) but that is another post in itself on a private blog! ( I don't want to disappoint more than just me!!ha ha)

Good Night!

(dreaming in hopes to find my camera memory card, after finding an awesome deal on the exact camera I had, $25 brand new, after Xandy gave my old camera a sand bath, it disappeared from the wii and has yet to be found?)

2 comments:

  1. Give your mom my love and I am thinking of you guys. Cute pics of your kids on Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Give your mom my love and I am thinking of you guys. Your kids are sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete