Xandria spiked a fever today, I'm not surprised her brother was 'nice' enough to share his germs! And Xander did attend his Teddy Bear Picnic and even brought home some peanut butter cookies that his teacher sent home for me, volunteering does pay, and we will make them as soon as I am done relaxing after doing some major cleaning for a good 6 hours today! I still need to mow...pronto...before Xaden tries to do it himself! And after I take Xandy into the doc tonight maybe I will be able to sleep?!
Last night my parents and I went to Carl's Jr., kids eat free w/ purchase of a combo night, and my mom told me she has cancer. My response was ????what???? The Friday after Mothers day she went in to have her thyroid removed because it was full of about 100 fibroid tumors, her thyroid was the size of a softball. They did some tests before this surgery and they came up benign, but the biopsy of the mass they removed showed cancer. They left a small portion of her thyroid in, so now she will have to go back in for surgery and have the remaining portion removed along with some lymph nodes and then she will get radioactive iodine treatment or radiation depending on what they find. Her doctor is sure that she will be fine after all of this, but please keep her in your prayers!



Just wanted you to know that your mom is in my prayers. I hope Xandria gets better, and that Xaden escapes the flu bug.
ReplyDeleteJanalee