February started out nice and with little happening. But the day before Valentines, Friday the 13Th, it all started......
My Dad had been sick all week before V-day and he ended up in ICU with a blood sugar level of 700+. He was diagnosed with sugar diabetes. We learned that he could have gone into a diabetic coma, had a stroke or many more worse case scenarios. He was in ICU for about 24 hrs. until they got his blood sugar level down under 300. He is now doing well, taking 5 insulin shots a day and maintaining a healthy diet. His doctor told him that he has probably had diabetes for several years but that it just never spiked.
The Sunday they moved him into a private room in the hospital Xander came down with a nasty cough and he was complaining of his ear hurting. Well we made it through the week until Thursday and his fever spiked. That night I took him into urgent care, and what I thought was an ear infection was actually pneumonia in his right lung. They sent me home with 6 prescriptions for him and told me to come back in the next day. I took him in the next day and decided to take Xaden in also because he has been having a hard time with bowel movements (sorry tmi) I have been worried because he holds it in and because he won't potty train I had been changing pull ups every 5 minutes because his poor little bum was raw. Xaden is very strong and my dad would have to hold his legs so I could wipe him off. The doctor kinda made me feel like I was a overly worried mommy until he saw the x-ray of Xaden's abdomen. His attitude quickly changed and he was feeling very sorry for my Xaden-Bob. He had a blockage and above that his intestine was bloated with gas. So that night they sent me home again, this time with 3 prescriptions for Xaden, the follow up with Xander led to another follow up because his oxygen intake had only gone up 1 % and again said they wanted to see me for a follow up for both the boys on Saturday. So our Saturday followup started on a bad note, because it was urgent care the wait is already long and they forgot about us and sent in two different cases that came in after us before they sent us back. I was very peeved to say the least. When they finally took us back Xaden had started to throw up because of the medicine they gave him that wasn't working the way it was supposed to. But because Xaden had a bowel movement they told me to stop the meds and let nature takes it course. Then they told me Xaden had a fever, but his lungs sounded clear. Pneumonia isn't contagious so they labeled it a virus. Xander's oxygen intake dropped and I was worried they were going to admit him into the hospital, luckily another breathing treatment took it back up to where it was the day before. So we went home, more like ran out of the office before they told me to come back, I was not going back. Well that night Xandria spiked a fever, I could get it down for a little while but it would spike after the Tylenol wore off. That night neither one of us got any sleep, and I was still not wanting to go back to urgent care because Xandria had her 18 month appt. with our pediatrician on Tuesday and I figured we could survive. Well Sunday morning her fever was 103.4, off we went, urgent care said her ears looked a little red so they prescribed antibiotics but told me to only give it to her if she spiked a high fever again and she continued to tug and rub her ears. I ended up giving her 2 doses of meds but decided to stop until I talked to the pedi. because her fever was gone and she was somewhat herself. Well Tuesday rolls around and I take all three of them in to to see the pedi.. Xander sounded good and he told me to continue the meds. until they were gone. Xaden sounded wheezy and the Doc. ordered a x-ray, but didn't expect anything because pneumonia isn't contagious. Xandy sounded wheezy but he new that sound well, she has a light case of RSV. She got one of her shots the other there is a shortage on so we go back in 6 months to get it. Xaden was a big boy and did this x-ray all by himself. We went back up to see the Doc. and the first words out of his mouth were "You have bad luck" (meaning me) Xaden has pneumonia. He gives us a prescription and tells me to try Myralax (sp.?) for his other problem.
Luckily I have not shown any signs of getting sick, I even called my Dr. and made an appointment thinking I am for sure going to get sick but I am going to call and cancel that seems how she can't prescribe meds. by predicting the future. haha
So the kids are on the path to getting better, taking their meds. (only because the Dr. threatened daily shots if they do not take their medicine for mom!) and now we are just waiting for sunny weather to boost our spirits!
As for some UP - dates.....
Xander lost his front tooth, it was one of the first teeth to pop through his gum for his first Christmas. He now has a toothless smile, something I have to get used too! He lost it singing in Primary no less and the Primary counselor took him out to the water fountain and put his tooth in a tithing envelope then brought him into the nursery to show me! The tooth fairy has not come yet due to baby sister bumping him while he was looking at it...unfortunately I don't know if we will ever find it in the couch. So Xander wrote the tooth fairy a cute little letter all by himself and put it under his pillow tonight.
Xaden is back to my normal Xaden, I have moments when I wish he would just sit down and be silent sometimes but when he is sick I wish he was himself again....where is the happy medium? He loves playing our new Wii and we get a kick out of watching him 'drive' the monster trucks! He also loves creating mii's with Xander! They laugh so hard at their creations you can't help but laugh at their laughing together!
Xandria weighed in at 30 lbs. and 33 in. at her 18 month check up. She is talking and communicating very well. She is just above the 100% on the charts for her weight (I was very pleased, both the boys have always been above and beyond the charts.) Her height was still up there above the 100% mark and her head was a happy medium.
To compare her to Xander...these are the things I remember well...
Xandria at 18 months the above- 30 lbs., 33 in., size 4 diaper.
Xander at 6 months-26 lbs., 31 in., size 5 diaper.
Xandy is my smallest baby (Xander 9 lbs. 9 oz. 22 in. 6 days overdue, Xaden 7 lbs. 7 oz. 20 in. 9 days early, Xandria 7 lbs. 5 oz., 19 in. 11 days early) although she wasn't far behind Xaden at birth, Xaden gained weight after birth, Xandy dropped to 6 lbs. even and stayed there for a week. She was so tiny I can remember none of her newborn clothes fitting her and I wanted her to wear them so bad! She now fits a 3T jeans but mostly wears 24 month clothes. We love her so much she definitely completes our family! Other then her normal girl things not limiting fits, temper, giggles, knowing what shopping is, what make up goes where, and her huge love of shoes, baby dolls and trying on her brothers clothes or her mommies she is 100% perfect!
As for me... I just started reading Twilight 2 days ago now at chapter 10, I know I am about 2 years overdue with this book, and I am regretting it. I could go see the movie if I was finished with the book and I could have the 2nd book read already. I don't even want to know if there is a third until I am into the 2nd book, I do know they are making a sequel to the movie so maybe by the time I am finished with the 2nd book it will be out! All I can say is I absolutely love the book thus far! They boys already know to entertain themselves when Mommy is reading her vampire book as they call it! They actually don't do bad entertaining themselves I can get in a chapter while they look at their own books but that is as long as they can handle me being 'away' in my book! I have done most the reading while they are in bed sleeping. Which is what I need to go do now! haha (no new pics yet except the ones I put up on the blog recently of the kids in the swings)

I'm sorry to hear about your horrible week. I had pneumonia last year. On WebMD it does say some forms of pneumonia can be contagious.
ReplyDeleteTwilight is a really good book. I hate to break it to you but there is 4 books in the series. The 2nd one is my fav.